Poor baby number 3...I couldn't tell you with 100% certainty how many weeks I am. I am pretty sure there have been some days I have exceeded my quota of caffeine, and I am not sure if I take a prenatal every day or every other day. I am taking care of myself...please don't think I am not taking this seriously...just not as seriously as the first one...it has gone downhill since Kate. I can say that the feeling of our baby boy moving in my tummy is just as magical as the first time. I love it now that I can feel little body parts like feet and hands kicking around...almost like he is pushing back at me. I have kind of an uneasy feeling about our first few nights home due to the fact that when I lay down at 10:00 to go to bed he starts to go CRAZY! I am pretty sure this is his most active time of day. It is a good thing I have my sweet mom booked for the first week we are home from the hospital. She is a really good night nurse!! I won't let her leave until baby boy has his days and nights figured out. I am still sleeping on my stomach, but I am not sure how much longer that is going to last. My back hurts so badly with this one. I can't even sit on the hard floor to change a diaper or play a game because I feel like my tail bone is being crushed. It is the weirdest thing. If I don't lay down for an hour in the afternoons, my back hurts so badly by the end of the day that I can't stand up to cook dinner or bathe the kids. I am not complaining...I love being pregnant, and I would do it all over again. Just documenting what is going on with #3. I think my hormones are in overdrive with this baby, too. I have these moments where without warning I start to cry uncontrollably. It has happened 4 times...once going into Target when I saw a grandma with her daughter and her daughter's 2 kids. It made me think about what it would be like to have my mom back in the same town. I could not stop crying. Again when a good friend was having a hard day because her husband hadn't shown up when he was supposed to help with the kids, and she started to cry, I lost it with her. I could not pull it together. Seriously...we were at VBS eating hot dogs, and I can't quit crying. It happened when we got the beach house where we stayed with my parents. We pulled up and the kids had kind of been acting up in the car. I got out and couldn't quit crying. WE ARE ON VACATION, and I am having a meltdown. Then the dumbest time was at the airport on the way home from New York. I am trying to talk to Chad about minivan shopping, and he is kind of giving me a hard time about when we'll go. I lose it in the airport about buying a MINIVAN and his lack of concern that I need one in time to start carpool with the kids. Who loses it over a minivan?? It is so strange, because I'll be fine one minute and the next I'll be a blubbering mess. I will say it shook Chad up, and we are going this weekend to buy my soccer mom car!
Once again, I do love being pregnant. It is the greatest miracle I'll ever experience, and I would do all this again...not complaining, just stating the funny quirks that I'm having this time around.
In other news, Kate jumped off the big diving board at the pool into 12 feet of water and swam to the side all by herself. She did it again and again and again until we had to go. She wouldn't jump in the shallow end to Chad and I when summer started! I am pretty proud of my big girl.
Ryan went to his first movie. We picked Chad up from work a little early, and took Ryan and Kate to see Wall-E. He loved it! Of course the popcorn, candy, and sprite were also a hit.
2 comments:
Fun updates about baby #3! I did have to laugh about crying about minivan shopping. ;)
If it makes you feel any better, I cried watching "So You Think You Can Dance" last week.
And once you get your minivan, Chad will understand why you were crying over it.
Post a Comment