Kate went off the big diving board today at the swimming pool. Since she wouldn't even jump from the side when the summer started this is huge! Not only did she jump, it was into 12 feet of water, and she swam to the side all by herself...and she did it again and again and again.
She is signed up for cheerleading in the fall. It will be fun. Several little girls from our neighborhood are dong it, too. She is so excited and has told everyone she has talked to that she is going to be a cheerleader.
We moved Ryan back to his baby bed for a while. He was just getting up too early with Kate. At least I know he'll be fine when the time comes to move to the big bed.
Ryan's newest show of choice is Little Einsteins. He gets stuck on one show, and that is all he will watch. First it was Wonder Pets, next Dora, then Diego. Now we are on to Einsteins. It is the first thing he asks for in the morning and the last thing at night.
Sometimes I just have to laugh at the things that come out of my mouth being the mother of a 2 year old. Do any of you ever stop and think about the conversations you have with your kids? Like today...Ryan, don't put the polly pocket in fireplace and please don't put the goldfish in your crocks. Why should I even have to say things like this?
We are going minivan shopping this weekend. I am just so excited about doors that will open with the click of a button when my arms are full of groceries and a baby carrier, a dvd system for long road trips or times when we are stuck in traffice, a car my kids will be able to climb into, as a mother of 3, convenience has taken priority over "coolness." Besides, some of the coolest moms I know drive minivans. I think it is the new cool thanks to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment