Things here at the Baird house have certainly calmed down since I last posted. Of course I hit 36 weeks and the contractions stopped. I have even started working out a little again and have carried Kate a few times...nothing. Isn't that just the way.
Bag is packed for the hospital, and all the baby stuff is out and ready to go. So fun to think about having another little one again. I can't wait to hold him or her and smell that sweet baby smell. Poor thing has hardly gotten the attention Kate did in my stomach. I realized I had not even bought a baby book on Sunday, so ran to Northpark and got one. We would have had no where to stamp his or her little feet and hands. I have washed all the baby stuff in Dreft, and we have some girl and boy clothes hanging in the closet. We have been looking at Kate's baby book the last couple of weeks. She loves to look at the pictures of herself and have me tell storis about when she was born. Hopefully this is good prep for a couple of weeks from now.
Kate and I have enjoyed the last few days of warm weather. We have been filling up the water table and eating popsicles outside. I love it when it warms up, and I am glad this is a springtime baby.
Her favorite thing to sing in the car right now is Swing Low Sweet Chariot...it is on one of her CD's and she knows all the words. She wants it over and over and over. She can sing all the verses and the chorus. Too funny.
Better run and get ready for bed. I was up at 4:30 this am and couldn't go back to sleep...hopefully that means I will sleep really good tonight. This pregnancy insomnia is just good prep for when baby gets here I suppose. I know there is an end to the midnight feedings...that is kind of comforting this time around.
3 comments:
working out????? Have you completely lost your mind! Sit back with a pint of ice cream and enjoy the last few moments of being pregnant.
I agree with Holly...working out??? What's that?
Enjoy your couple of weeks and keep us posted on things. We will be anxious to hear if Baby Baird is a boy or a girl!!
I am so glad that you are feeling better! I am so happy that you made it to 36 weeks! What a relief! I can't wait to meet Baby Baird :)
Post a Comment