I can't believe I have not posted a blog since the 26 of Jan. It has been too long. We had such a fun weekend with Kate. Took her to the movies on Saturday to see Curious George. She really loved it. She loves the candy and popcorn, too...but I have to admit that is one of my favorite parts of going to the movie as well.
We took her to McDonald's to eat lunch today. (or Old McDonald's) as Kate calls it. She would not crawl up in the indoor playground to save her life. Chad finally had to take off his shoes and drag her screaming through the tunnel and down the slide. We were determined that she would do it...of course she loved it after that and we thought we would never get her off. I hope it was not mean to make her, but she needed to know it was nothing to be scared of. She has definitely got my sense of adventure.
Mom kept her on Thursday night and Friday. She was having trouble going to the potty, so mom told her if she would go she could have 2 dollars. They would go to the dollar store, and she could buy 2 things with her 2 dollars. Kate was successful on the potty, so she got her dollars. Mom, or course, was ready to buy her everything she picked up at the store. Somehow, Kate had the concept of 2 things, and she really chose 2 things. She picked up about 20 things, but every time she would find something she like better she would put something back. Pretty inpressive for a 2 year old I thought.
I think I have finally mastered the art of pigtales...don't have the part in the back quite straight, but it will get better with practice. Anyway, Kate loves to have her hair done, and it will be a nice cool hairdo for summer.
This baby in my stomach has finally quit giving me fits today...after a whole bottle of terbutiline and 2 trips to labor and delivery for monitoring contractions and terb shots, I think we are sort of back to normal. Could not have done it without Jojo and Nonnie. The hardest part of all of this has been not being able to be there for Kate. She got kind of freaked out the 2 times Chad and I had to run to the hospital, and I hate that for her. The 2nd time we came home Haley (babysitter from accross the street) had come to stay with her. Kate loves Haley, but I don't think she(Kate) understood when Chad and I were coming home. We walked in the door, and she said "daddy I don't want you to go to heaven yet." It broke my heart, because I knew she was afraid we might not come back like Poppy has not come back. We have started talking now about how when the baby comes we will have to go to the hospital,where Kate will go, etc. I am sure after all of this "bed rest" I will have to be induced at 39 or 40 weeks...but that wouldn't be so bad, at least it would be nice and planned.
2 comments:
Glad you are back to blogging! I can't believe the baby will be here in just a few weeks...wow. It seems like I just found out you were pregnant -- this has gone so fast (at least for me). Keep resting and baking that baby and enjoy spending some quality Kate time for the next few weeks.
good to hear from you! maybe kate is getting her father's "shopping restraint"!! :) she did great and can't wait to see her in pig tails!!
Post a Comment