Monday, March 13, 2006

Fun weekend

We had a great weekend. Chad, Donna, Kate, and Chase drove to Oklahoma on Saturday to see Chad's grandmother. Kate adores Chase, and enjoyed being with her so much. They played dress up and ate pizza, went to the park, got lots of presents...and I know that Lilith (Chad's grandma) enjoyed having them there. She had not seen Kate in a long time.
While they were gone I went with Barb and mom to go shopping...I love a shopping day with the girls! (especially just grown up ones). Kate is fun to shop with, but she tends to be a little needy while I am trying to look for shoes. Ha! :) It was nice to spend some alone time with my mom and sister in law. I am so glad Brian picked such a sweet and fun girl to marry.
Merit came over yesterday and we filled up the water table. The girls made such a mess outside with the sand and the water. Last summer I made them keep the 2 separate, but am I going to do that this summer?? It is so much fun to play with both. I think we need some special sand to mix with the water, but should keep the sand box clean dry. Is that a good compromise? Chad bathed them and there was so much sand in the bathtub when he was done. He was such a sport letting them splash and play in the bathtub.
Right now Kate is eating dry cereal and watching Clifford. She loves Clifford and Calliou on TV. She loves visiting the library. She love playing school and church. I came in this morning and she had about 4 of her stuffed animals all lined up in front of her. They were singing a bible class song "where is Kate where is Kate there she is, there she is, we're so glad you came today, we're so glad you came today, yes we are, yes we are." Too funny! Yesterday she had a little doll, she looked at it and said now you have to go to time out and put him in a chair. She said "why did you act like that, now tell me why you did that. You need to obey mommy." I guess that is what I sound like???

2 comments:

hollyfouts said...

You really do have to watch what you say. The other day Avery said to Miller, "I'm getting pretty tired of that fussing." Something I am sure I am guilty of saying and didn't realize just how bad it sounded until it came from a 3 year old. Ooops!

Kristen OQ said...

I could have written a lot of this post myself.

Sam has been saying a lot of things lately (that I know he is picking up from me!)..."That doesn't sound nice when you say that." "Seth, you need to be listening more to me." etc.