Wednesday, October 26, 2005

"Why?"

Kate has started the question that I am certain the mother of every two year old dreads. "Why?" She doesn't just ask it once, she asks it over and over and over. She will ask "why," and I will answer her. Then she will ask "why" in response to my answer, then "why" again in response to the answer to my answer. What is a mom to do?
We brought some of Chad's books home from when he was a little boy. Kate loves to read "daddy's books." She especially loves Scuffy the Tugboat.
Merit has come over every night this week. We have a little routine of waiting for Merit in her backyard by the swingset. We go out about 5:00 and play till they get home, then we bring Merit over to our house. They are really learning how to play with eachother instead of side by side. This week they love playing outside in the sandbox. I think by the end of the week all the sand will be out of the sandbox and on the driveway. I don't care. I can prop my feet up and watch the news while they entertain eachother.
Kate loves to spin around and around and around. She says I am getting "bizzy." She is starting to look so tall and skinny to me. She is losing her toddler belly, but I am certain it is not from lack of food.
We go for our 18 week sono on Friday. The plan is to wait until the baby comes to find out what we are having...we'll see if we can wait once we get in the office and it is dangled in front of us. Chad is pretty good under pressure. I am pretty sure I have felt the baby move a couple of times. He or She seems more still than Kate. It seems like I felt her a lot more by this point.
Better run...Kate is up from her nap and wants a snack. How am I going to talk her out of her 4th yogurt today. At least she has gotten her calcium intake.

No comments: