This is my first blog. I am so excited. I have been reading some friends blogs and thinking I should be doing this, so I finally am.
Kate is still down for her nap. I napped too for over an hour. (I always do these days as I am so tired because of being 4 mos pregnant.) I don't know what I will do when she gives up her naps. Her newest accomplishment is getting out of her bed by herself. She has been in her big girl bed since she turned 2, but it is REALLY high off the ground. I think it causes her to think twice about getting out of it. On Sunday and Tueday when we were home she got out herself and just walked in the den where I was. What a funny feeling. She seemed so big all of a sudden. She is not doing it in the mornings yet. I will be glad when that happens, so we don't have to go and get her. We finally got Dish and DVR, so now she can get in bed with me and watch Dora while I snooze a few more minutes.
At church on Sunday during a prayer Kate said the sweetest thing. We were in the auditorium praying, and she was starting to get kind of chatty. I whispered in her ear that we were talking to Jesus and she needed to be quiet. She looked up at the sound booth, which is a balcony in the back where 2 men were standing, and said "Is that Jesus and Poppy?" Tears came to my eyes as I told her no. How I wish it would have been true. I tried to explain that they were up in the sky where we can't see them, but I know she doesn't understand. She asks for Poppy all the time. Wed night she and her little friend had broken all the crayons in their class at church. I told her that made Jesus very sad, and she said "I made Jesus and Poppy said." I had to laugh a little then. I think she does understand that wherever Jesus is, that is where Poppy is, too.
Some of Kate's favorite things to do:
color with markers
do watercolors
playdough
read her nursery rhyme book and her Ann and Andy book that Gran gave her her first Christmas (we have to do that together)
have a teaparty
feed her babies
take a nap with Lexie
play with her Wendy doll (Madame Alex doll in trunk...another together activity)
talk to, as Kate puts it, "my baby," and give mommy's tummy kisses
Play with Mer Mer, Kayla, and Chase
eat popsicles
play choo choo train with her daddy (a daddy/Kate activity...it's his old train set from when he was a little boy) I tell her it only comes out when he is home.
That's all for now. This has been great, and so much easier than writing by hand...sorry Daddy. Maybe I will print these pages and paste them in the journal. I have written a lot in it. It's not a total wash.
No comments:
Post a Comment