Sunday, June 04, 2006

2 months and 3 years

This week Kate turns 3, and Ryan will be 2 months. I can't believe how fast the time is flying for both of them.
I believe I am finally in the routine of 2. Ryan is a little fussier than Kate...my mom verified what I had been thinking when she kept him last week for me. He likes to be held!!! Kate was content just to lay down and hang out in her bouncy for longer periods of time than he is. My mom put it perfectly "He is a man in a baby's body. He likes his recliner position, and he wants his woman's 100% attention all the time." I couldn't have said it better myself. In defense of Ryan, he sleeps so so good! I put him down at 8 last night, and he woke up at 3 to eat. Went right back to sleep, and is till down at 7 am. I think he was wiped out from pictures yesterday.
We took the kids (mom and I) to Studio one to one to get their portraits done. They were both perfect. Both had good naps before we went, a snack, there was candy prsent for Kate between shoots, and it was not crowded so I didn't feel rushed or stressed. All of this added up to lots of good pictures...making it hard to choose. I know when Ryan gets bigger won't be this easy, but I will take what I can get.
Right now Ryan's favorite toy is his new Baby Einstein playmat. He will lay under it forever watching the star light up and play music. He is still sleeping pretty good at night and during the day. He is smiling at me, and it melts my heart. I think he will be blonder than Kate. Sometimes I look at him from a certain angle and his hair almost looks like it will be white.
Kate turns 3 on Wednesday. She is really a little girl now. 3 just sounds sooo much older than 2. She is turning more and more into her own little person every day. I have noticed especially that she jokes with us now, instead of us just teasing her. Her little sense of humor is so sweet. She loves the movie Cinderella, and she watched it for 4 hours straight while mom and I shopped at Northpark last week. I love it! She watched it again after we got home and all weekend. I ordered some more disney movies in hope that she will watch something else, too. She has Cinderella memorized. She will watch Little House on the Prairie with me now, too. So sweet. How is it that I am 30 and I still love that show I have watched since I was 3.
We are doing 3 mini parties for Kate instead of 1 big one. Figured make it simple and spread it out all week. Tonight we are going to Mom and Dad's for her party with them. She has a princess/barbie cake...the kind with the doll body and the cake makes the skirt. Wed we will take Merit for McD's and ice cream. Sunday we will party with Chad's family.

It is now early June, and I am just finishing this blog. I have gotten so bad! Kate starts ballet lessons today. She is doing a little camp this summer for a week. I think she will love it. She loves to put in her Princess Sing along movie and dance and twirl all over the den while watching.
She had a not so precious moment at church yesterday. She was starting to act up as communion was beginning. I was out nursing Ryan, so Chad was sitting alone with her. She was digging through her bag searching for candy and talking really loudly. Chad finally just had to take her out. He does this just as the bread is being passed, so there is a total hush over the sanctuary, and remember we are sitting at the front. As he takes her out she screams a total of 6 times before they reach the door "Daddy don't spank me, Daddy don't spank me, Daddy don't spank me." Now all of early service thinks we beat our children. Severaly people even said something (jokingly) to us after church. You just have to laugh about it, but we will have a talk with Kate before we go to church again on Sunday.
Ryan is really getting a little personality all his own. He is smiling and cooing a little. He has also seemed less fussy and just all around more content the last 2-3 weeks. Maybe he is coming out of his colicky phase.
That's all for now. I have new pics to post, but will have to wait for Chad to download them. Hopefully I'll get them up tonight.

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

The time goes by so fast doesn't it?! Especially with two! We need to see some pictures!