Thought I would be doing weekly installments with my blog, but it is looking like monthly ones instead. Oh well...better than nothing, right?
Kate loved VBS. As the week started I wondered if it was more trouble than it was worth, working all week just to drag she and Ryan up there. Would she like it, or was it more about what I thought she should be doing? She loved it, and I loved it, too. Definitely one of the highlights of our summer. :) Ryan did great at the nursery. The girls working in there did such a good job taking care of him and loving on him. It was really good warm up for when I have to leave him on Tues and Thurs in the fall.
A couple of things about Kate right now.
She loves all things princess and make up! She gets dressed up in her Cinderella dresses and spins all over the room sining at the top of her lungs while the princess vedio plays. Too sweet. She also has some make up, and she continuously coats her lips with strawberry gloss.
Last weekend Chad took Ryan to see his mom, and I had Kate to myself for the day. We needed a little girl time. I took her to see Over the Hedge and she loved it. We went to Club Libby Lou and made Shampoo Potion, Lip Gloss, and Body Shimmer.
She likes to play Barbie on the computer
Now for Ryan...
He is sleeping ALL NIGHT. Not just sort of all night, but 9:00 to 8:45. I didn't know babies did that. I don't think Kate EVER slept that good. She was always up by 7:00.
His fussiness seems to have disappeared. Right about 2 months we all just seemed to settle in better. I got used to 2 kids, and Ryan quit screaming from 5-8 at night. That is one of his happiest times of day now.
He loves to watch his baby einstein videos
Loves to ride in the Baby Bjorn
He is cooing, gooing, and smiling at us now.
He loves bathtime
He sucks on his hand a lot. (I think this is one reason he can stay asleep so good at night...Kate had to have her pacifier to get back to sleep.)
He is such a little teddy bear. I could cuddle him all day.
That's all for now. Kate is going to spend the night with my brother and sis in law this weekend. She will stay for 2 nights. It is her first night away with anyone besides her grandparents. Hope they all have a good time. I can't wait to find out how it goes.
2 comments:
Sounds like those kids are just a growin! Precious time. Glad VBS went well for all of you. Ours was this past week but I conveniently was gone to be with my parents but maybe next year. Our children sound so similar but the opposite sex on the ages! I however still get up at 6:30 b/c of Ty. :( Trent and I like sleep too much to have produced a child that doesn't!!!
Isn't it nice when they start sleeping all night? You feel like a whole new person during the day!
Post a Comment