I am so far behind on my blogging, but it feels like our life has been a whirlwind since Dec 24. I do love Christmas, but it feels so good to be settled back in our routine and have all the Christmas decorations put away. As I was putting things away yesterday, Kate asked if we would put her Santa things away. I said yes, we would put all the Santa stuff away till next Christmas. She said all my Santa stuff, and I told her yes again. She asked again," All my stuff from Santa," and I realized she thought we would put all her presents up that she got for Christmas. Poor thing...she has barely had time to play with her new toys because we have been gone, and here she thought I was about to pack them all up. We got it all straightened out.
This has definitely been the most magical Christmas since I can remember. We listened to the Raffi Christmas CD on the way to Georgetown, and she found a new favorite song. We listened to it over and over and over. We also watched Mary Poppins in the backseat. I am so glad I have an excuse to watch again, and she loved it. She kept talking about how all the nanny's flew away, and she couldn't figure out where they were going. She had more presents than she knew what to do with Christmas Eve when we opened with my family. She got tired after a few, and had to be encouraged to open the rest. It is hard work being the only little one in the family...after this next one gets here maybe some of the pressure will be off her. Ha! Kate got the Bitty Baby from my mom with a trunk full of clothes and the "pram" (stroller) that goes with her. She got dress up shoes from my aunt and cousins and a sweet mirror. My grandmother and grandfather gave her some shelves for her room and the sweetest little coat. There was hardly anything left for Santa to bring, but he did come. He had some trouble putting the trike together Christmas Eve, and he forgot to bring C batteries for the vacuum cleaner. He had to run out at 10:00 on Christmas Eve night to find batteries. Actually he sent Mrs. Claus and her sweet aunt, because he was having such a hard time with the trike.
By far one of the sweetest moments was when Kate walked in Christmas morning to see what Santa brought. It brought tears to my eyes (but it doesn't take much to do that these days.) I guess it was just so much fun to know she really thought he had come that night and she couldn't wait to see what was there...a trike, vacuum cleaner, easel, more clothes for Bitty Baby, and some puzzles. We went to church with my whole family in Georgetown on Christmas day. That was really special. Gran signs for their church, Kate loved watching her at the front while we were singing.
Christmas afternoon we came home to regroup for the next day with Chad's family. Kate loves her cousins so much. They had a great time opening presents and playing. Chad and Steve took them to the park for a while that afternoon. Kate loves her Cinderella video from them, and her "noah's ark" and dolly from Nonnie. She had picked the Noah's ark out of the American Girl catalogue and had been anticipating it since November. It is so tiny, I hope I can keep track of all the pieces. She loves to play with it at her little table and make up a song about Noah as she plays.
The next day we left for our annual trip with my family. It was crazy at the airport...our flight out of Dallas was delayed 1 1/2 hours and we had to connect in Houston. Almost didn't make it, but after a long crazy day we got to our beautiful house in Park City, UT. It was perfect. The family that owned it has grandchildren, and it was made for Kate. The had the deluxe little tykes kitchen and baskets full of toys. They had sippy cups and blues clues bowls, bibs, and a booster seat. Kate was in heaven. We had fun making snow angels and snow men. She did not like the sled...my little fraidy cat. We had a great time.
Thanks mom and dad for a perfect week in a winter paradise. I love that I am 30 and still go on a family vacation every year. It just gets better and better.
We have lots of pictures to post, but I need Chad to do that. Hopefully we will get them up tonight.
Back to reality last week, but it did feel good to get home.
Kate has started getting up in the middle of the night and coming into our room. She runs in like she is running through the scary forest or away from a monster instead of just across the hall. I wake up and there she is at the edge of our bed wanting to get up. We have just been putting her in with us, but I know we need to send her back to her room. I am just so tired and half asleep it is easier to put her in the middle and roll over back to sleep. Especially since she rolls toward Chad and now that we have a bigger bed I don't even know she is there. We promised eachother last night was it and we will force ourselves up to put her back in bed.
1 comment:
It sounds like you guys have been busy with lots of fun holiday memories and travels.
When do you find out what you are having???
Post a Comment