Wednesday, January 18, 2006

10 weeks and counting

Went to the doctor yesterday. I can't believe that this baby will be here in 10 weeks. That is not long. We can't wait to meet you little one!
Ellie, Abbie, and Katie came over today for lunch. I am so glad that we all live close enough to get together sometimes (although it is not often enough!) Ellie is getting old enough to play with Kate, and Kate loved it. She was a little bossy, but I guess that comes with being a year older than Ellie. Sweet Ellie was so laid back, and just let Kate do what she wanted. I had to draw the line when were outside and I looked over and Kate had poured sand on Ellie's hair. She always pours sand on Lady, so I guess she was having a hard time with the difference. We had a little talk about not pouring sand in people's hair.
I was tucking Kate in tonight, and was about to leave. She reminded me that we needed to say prayers. I am so ashamed, but she is usually the one that remembers. (Only ashamed because I should be the one remembering!) I am happy that she thinks it is such an important part of our routine.:) Tonight she prayed that we would have a good day tomorrow at school with Parker, Jonny, Carlos, and Cedes (Mercedes). She also prayed about pouring sand in Ellie's hair. So sweet the prayers of a two year old!
Why is it that there are such extremes with Kate? She is either being such an angel I think there is nothing sweeter, or she is making me want to pull my hair out. Usually it is the sweet Kate, but oh we have our moments. She is getting better at obeying the first time. We have also started sending her to her room when she's having a tantrum. She really goes in there, and in a few minutes she comes back as good as new. It is good for everybody. It is hard to sit and listen to her scream, and it is good for her to learn to cool off.
Nonnie kept her this weekend, and she had a wonderful time. They went to the library on Sat afternoon for story time. There was a ballerina there, but Kate got shy and would not dance. She just wanted to sit in nonce lap. This is so unusual, because she usually loves to dance. Guess she knew she was somewhere new and not sure about things.

2 comments:

hollyfouts said...

Kate is so sweet and such a cutie. But even the cute ones have their moments, don't they? I can't believe you only have 10 weeks until you are a family of 4. You look fabulous!

Kristen OQ said...

10 weeks...really? Are you sure? It seems like I just found out you were pregnant!

Enjoy the next few weeks with just having Kate only before you have 2 little ones to chase after!