Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Perfect Day

Today has truly been the perfect day! Woke up 45 minutes before Kate, had time to make blueberry muffins for breakfast and drink a cup of coffee before she woke up. We played a while, ate breakfast, and got ready. I took her to Krista Harper's house for the day. (Krista and I traded kids this week-I kept hers yesterday, and she kept Kate today.) As I was leaving, Linda was pulling up to clean the house for me. (She comes once a month to help out.) Kate stayed at Krista's till 4:30. While she was there I finished ALL my Christmas shopping at the Galleria and ate lunch with my mom. Picked Kate up and Chad got home early from work. We ordered pizza and ate on paper plates. After dinner I finished wrapping the Christmas presents and Chad helped put Kate to bed. A clean house, a "nanny" for my child while I was shopping, no cooking, no dishes, and a list that is completely checked off...does it get better than that?
Kate loves wrapping presents. She gets bows and a box and puts it all together and says "I am making my celebration." She has learned how to put her finger on the bow while I tie it and wait till I say "now" to take it off. What a great helper! I am so glad to have so much done and a few days to enjoy Kate and just being home before Christmas gets here. I don't know where this month has gone, but now I can't wait for Kate to open her presents and for Santa to come.

No comments: