Sunday, December 18, 2005

Gran




We have had such a good weekend. I can't believe Christmas will be here in a week. The sweetest thing happened tonight. I was talking on the phone to my grandmother (Gran), and Kate was getting ready to go to bed. She asked Gran to sing to her, so Gran sang the "Bluebird" song. It was a song she sang to me when I was little. It was my favorite, and I can still close my eyes and take myself back to when I sat in her lap and she sang to me. So sweet that Kate loves it just as much as I did. She also loves to bake in the easy bake oven at Gran's house. It has got to be at least 30 years old, because I loved to do it when I was little. Also, Gran has a huge trunk in her living room filled with toys. Kate loves to get in the trunk and get all the toys out. Most of the toys date back to my mom or to me. Kate also gets to sleep in the bed with Gran and Grampy when we go. Before Kate could sleep in the bed, she slept in the baby bed in their room. They have the same bed that my mother slept in 55 years ago. She also sits in the same wooden high chair that my mom and her brother and sister sat in. These are just a few of the reasons why we will make the treck down I35 to Georgetown with all the Santa things and all the presents to be with Gran and Bepe for Christmas...it may be a little extra effort, but the memories are forever. Above are some pictures from Gran's house. One is of Kate and Grampy out in his garden. She loves to go and pick whatever is growing. The others are Kate and Gran cooking.

1 comment:

MereMoore said...

oh i love the "blue bird song" story! that is too sweet!

merry christmas!