Tuesday, November 08, 2005

We went to Oklahoma this weekend to see Chad's grandmother and choose a gravestone for his dad's gravesite. Since it was such a quick trip and we were leaving at the peak of traffic on Friday night, my mom and dad kept Kate for us. Although I missed her, it was a much more peaceful trip with her not along. She loves being with her grandparents anyway, so it was just fine.
My grandmother came on Thursday night to see Kate. Gran was so lonesome for her that she just got in the car and drove herself three hours to Dallas. She always has a present for Kate when we see her. This time it was a little doll with a bottle, blanket, rattle, and sippy cup. Kate loved it! While she was playing with the doll she got out the little blanket. She covered her up and said "we ran to Target to get her a little blanket today." She is learning how to shop I suppose. She loves the American Girl and the Pottery Barn Kids catalogues. She will carry them around and say, "help me decide what I want for Christmas."
Going down Northwest Highway with Kate, we passed the huge Park Cities Baptist Church. Kate goes "that is a big church, do they have a heaven in there?" I told her no, heaven is up in the clouds where we can't see it. She said "I don't want God and Jesus to hold me in heaven." I asked why, and she said "I want my poppie to hold me in heaven." She is trying so hard to get her little mind around the concept of heaven.
More of Kate's favorites:
having her back rubbed at bed time
having someone draw on her back before bed (she will tell you want she wants you to draw, and then you draw it)
working her new OU puzzle
catalogue shopping for her Christmas present
flapping her arms like bird wings as her daddy lifts her up in the air

2 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

I didn't know you were blogging -- I found it through Holly. Another fun friend to read about their daily life!

MereMoore said...

so sweet that little Kate-i love all the stories with Poppie!