I am writing this with Kate in my lap. She has discovered how to play Dora on the computer, so anytime I sit down she thinks it is to play games. She likes to play Clifford on PBSkids.org, too. I have to help with the mouse, but she is getting the idea.
I find myself turning a little more into my mom everyday. This is really a great thing. I hope Kate and I are just as close as my mom and I are when she is 30. Anyway, I have started telling Kate things that I remember my mom telling me. When I was little I would lie down with my mom to take naps. I always wanted to cuddle with her, but who can sleep with a 2 year old wiggling around and right in their face. She would tell me, "let's just touch backs," so we would both roll over and fall asleep just touching backs. Now Kate wants me to lie down with her. She, like I did at 2, 3, 4, and 5, just wants to cuddle and play, so I tell her what my mom told me, "let's just touch backs." It works! Thanks Mom!
Kate is spending the night at Nonnie's tonight. (Chad's mom). Donna is keeping Kate and Chase (our 5 year old niece). This was all Donna's idea. I guess she knows what she is in for. She was worried about where everyone would sleep, because of course both girls are used to sleeping with her when they spend the night. She figured out how to take one rail off the baby bed and pull it up right next to the regular bed. Now all 3 of them can sleep together. What a sweet grandma! Good luck tonight Donna. I am sure I will have some more stories to blog after the slumber party.
1 comment:
I love your blog-you have the sweetest stories ever! The "backs" trick is awesome!
Post a Comment