Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Slumber Party



Well Donna survived the slumber party. It started Friday night when I met Donna at the McDonalds by Town East so she could feed the girls before they got on the road. Of course it was crazy in there, and I was not about to leave sweet Nonnie alone with two girls and McDonalds, so I stayed while they ate. Kate and I were both not sure about the little play area with tunnels and slides. There were a lot of big kids in there, and it was not the cleanest I have seen. We ate and talked to Nonnie while Chase played. Loaded the girls in the car, and put them on the road. Both fell asleep on the way home, which meant they would have extra energy to play when they got home. At least they won't be cranky. Played make up and beauty shop. Too fun!
Donna had figured out how to take the side rail of the baby bed and pull it right up next to the queen bed so they could all sleep together. That idea went over like a lead balloon with the girls, so they all fell asleep together in the queen bed. Kate fell off the bed, but Chase patted her back and told her it was okay. What a sweet cousin. Donna finally gave up trying to sleep with the two of them, so she got some zz's in her own bed. Of course when Kate and Chase woke up in the morning and realized she was gone the padded into her room to get back in bed with her. I still remember sleeping with Gran when I was little. I think I did till I was in high school. Grandmothers are so special!
Donna even said she would keep them again...just never 2 nights in a row.
Chad and I met at Toys r Us on Friday at lunch to let Kate look at the trikes. She is asking Santa for one, and I wanted to know which one would fit her the best. We had been talking about it for days, but we got there and she would have nothing to do with the trikes. She wanted to look at every other toy in there. Chad is such a pushover...he had to buy her something before we left. She would have been happy with a Goldfish snack like she and I always get for her at Target, but not good enough for Chad. Had to be a toy. We got her the Lucky Ducks game and she loves it.
Last night she woke up crying at about midnight to go "tee tee." I got up in a zombie like state and picked her up to put her on the potty. Of course I didn't turn on any lights, and had on no glasses or contacts. Chad had taken off the potty seat before we went to sleep, so when I set her on the potty her whole little bottom fell in. Luckily I had not let go, so we both just got a little wet. Hopefully tonight will be better. At least I'll make the potty seat is on before I get in bed.

4 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

This trike story sounds like Sam last night when we were at Walmart. He has a trike now, but wants a big boy bike...he has talked about it for weeks/months, so Kevin and I had decided that Santa would bring him that on Christmas morning. I took him last night to go and look at them. We got them out (he really liked sitting on the Dora one!), but after a couple of seconds, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, I don't really like bikes that much. I'm ready to go home."

Nice...now decision time...do we get that for him or not??? ugh!

Alyssa said...

I have fun memories of sleeping with my Grandmother too :) She always smelled like Noxema :) and would tell us stories about when she was a little girl! Such fun memories for Kate :)

hollyfouts said...

Avery loves to sleep with my mom too. Avery has a special blanket and dog that she always sleeps with. She has an extra dog that she calls "Grammy's dog" and when they sleep together Avery makes my mom sleep with a dog just like her. They look so cute sleeping together with their matching dogs.

Anonymous said...

These pictures have made my day more than once!