




We are now a family of 5. Before Ben came I couldn't imagine life with him. How would I love another little boy the way I loved Ryan, how would I do those sleepless nights again, how would I juggle everyone, had we done the right thing 9 months ago when we decided to have another baby. Now I can't imagine life without him. It is like he was always supposed to be here, and now our family is complete. I look at the pictures of the 5 of us together or of the 3 kids, and it makes me so happy. We have had some crazy moments, but we are going to have so much fun.
He has really been my easiest baby so far. He is the best nurser, I only had 2 little stitches, he has his days and nights straight. What more can a new mama ask for?
He came so fast I hardly had time to know I was in labor. We went in the night before for cervadil. They gave me lanacaine to put in my IV, which no one has ever done before. I hate getting the IV, so right off the bat it started better than Kate and Ryan. The next morning they started Petocin at 7. I had my epidural when I was a 4, and it could hardly keep up with me. At 10:00 I felt this horrible pain, and this incredible pressure, and it was time to push. I know my epidural was doing some good, but I was feeling an awful lot, too.
Each baby has been such a different experience...with Kate I wanted everyone to come to the hospital...It was like a big party. With number three, I just wanted to sleep, enjoy our baby, and rest up for when I came home. They were both such wonderful experiences, it is just funny how much it changes with each child.
So far our family is adjusting really well to being a family of 5. So many people have helped us with the transition and getting through these first few weeks.
-Grandmas have taken care of kids, cooked, and done laundry
-Sweet friends who have taken care of Kate and Ryan while I was at the hospital and since I've been home
-Yummy food from our sweet friends...I haven't had to cook and probably won't until December. I may forget how!!
-My wonderful carpool friends who have taken and picked Kate and Ryan up from school
-A precious husband who gets the big kids up in the morning and ready to go as well as puts bathes them and puts them to bed at night
People have really been so wonderful, and it has made these first few weeks so much easier.
Baby Ben (or Baby Benjamin as I've been calling him) is so easy. He is a good sleeper and loves to be swaddled up tight. The swaddle blankets from Babies R Us are the best. It is my newest favorite baby item, and I wish I had known about them with Kate and Ryan!!! They really are magic. He is not so much on the pacifier. He hates to have his diaper changed. He loves his sister and brother. Kate is really good at holding him. He loves to look at her...study her face and listen to her talk. He loves to be warm and cozy, and he really likes to wear his baby hats.
Ryan and Kate are adjusting really well, too. They love Ben. Someone said it is easier for siblings to get used to the 3rd than for the 1st to get used to having the 2nd. They are already used to sharing mom and dad with someone...having another person around is not so new. I am definitely seeing that with Ryan this time. Kate of course thinks Ben is her own personal baby doll.
I am posting some pics...can you believe we went trick or treating around the neighborhood on Friday after he was born Tuesday? We carried him the whole time...it was such a nice night, and it felt good to be outside. The kids had a wonderful time. They went to Chad's office party, then Kate and I went to our block party, and then it was time to trick or treat...we were so pooped by the time we got home that we didn't even turn on our light to pass out candy. Kate was Gabriella from HSM 2 and Ryan was Diego.
Kate also wore her Gabriella dress to go and see HSM 3 with our friend Claire. They both dressed up, and went to the Studio Movie Grill with Claire and her mom. It was so much fun! I know I'm such a dork, but I was as excited about the movie as Kate was.
No comments:
Post a Comment