Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Am I a bad mom if...

My 5 year old came into our room at 4:30 this morning to tell me the baby was crying. (I had been soundly asleep since 10:45.) We had the baby monitor on, but it must have been turned down so low that I couldn't hear the baby. I have a noise machine in his room, so guess it was drowning out his crying. I felt really bad, but he was still pretty snug in his swaddle blanket...I am pretty sure if he had been screaming for a very long time he would have worked himself out of it, or at least gotten an arm or hand out. Anyway, guilty as I felt, it was the first time in 3 weeks I have slept for more than 3 consecutive hours. It was heavenly!!! (he had been sleeping really good the first few nights home, but he quit that pretty fast.) On another sleep note, Ryan has not taken a nap for 3 days in a row. I REFUSE for him to give up his nap yet. I'll drug him if I have to (just kidding!!), but seriously, he can't do this to me now. He will get out of bed and get all his toys. He either plays with them in his bed or goes under his rocking horse and hoards them all there. I think he is upstairs asleep right now, but I am afraid to go check.
Sweet Ben is a great baby so far. He has started having more "happy awake time" the last few days. He loves to be swaddled tight and put in a dark quiet room to sleep. He loves his bath now that his cord is off...he was not a fan of the sponge bath. He has been to Target, the Galleria, church, and Chicken Express. Our first real outing as a family of 5 (besides to see grandparents) was to go to our small group and out to eat on Sunday night.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Nope- a sweet mom! Sounds like things are going great at the Baird house :) Can't wait to see Ben soon!