Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sleepovers and Swimming pools




Kate officially graduated from her "dipper" swimming class. We went for the parent show on Friday. She has really learned so much. She can swim on her own now (sort of). I think she could go a lot further if she would figure out how to keep her body flat when she brings her head up for air. She has made so much progress! I am really proud of her. Ryan has finally decided he likes the water, too. (as long as he doesn't have to go under, and I am not fighting that battle...we'll let Jean do it next summer at swim lessons. She could teach a basketall goal how to swim!!)He'll get in the kiddie pool in the backyard. He also loves to get in the big one, as long as Chad or I are holding him. He'll also get in his floatie. He can't stand for there to be any leaves in the water...he has to get them all out and put them on the side of the pool. It is cute at first, but there can be a lot of little leaves in the pool. We have gotten good us out of the little pool down the street, and it is never really crowded. Kate can also touch the bottom for the firt time, which is also nice. It feels a lot more managable.
We had our cousins Chase and Bailey over to spend the night Friday night. The girls were so good, and Ryan chased them around like he was one of them. We ordered pizza, played hide and seek, stayed up late, went to the pool. They had so much fun. Kate got to go spend the night at their house Sat night. She'll be worn out by the time she gets home. It was so strange to be here without her last night. One kid is soooooo easy, it was almost seemed too quiet. I kind of enjoy a couple of hourse to myself, then I get ready for the chaos again.
After much deliberation, Kate decided she wanted to take ballet again this summer. I think she was kind of burnt out after the spring, but she'll be at a new place, and it won't be right after a long day at school. She actually gets to take from Mrs. Jacquelyn...the same teacher who I adored growing up. It is the first time she has gone in the "big" studio and taken from J. It was the strangest feeling to see her walk in the same room I did for all those years, stand at the same bar I did, and take lessons from Mrs. Jacquelyn. Definitely one of the most surreal moments I've had as a mom. I am excited to watch her this summer and see how much she learns. Jacquelyn has such a way of making everyone feel special and like they are a star! Only one thing I love about her.

3 comments:

Varner said...

Hey Cori!
I found your blog and thought I would say hi. Sounds like y'all are having a great summer so far. Maybe Ryan and Allie can take swimming lessons together next year.

Lisa Renee said...

What a wonderful feeling to know she can swim! We are going through that this summer, we JUST now agreed to floaties! Trent's parents have a lakehouse that we go to and will be for the 4th and I always get SO nervous with my two being the youngest out there. Also exciting about ballet, I am excited to experience that with my little girl eventually but just enjoying her as a toddler now. This is very random, but Olivia has a similar bed to Kate, but her bedding is green gingham and I have added the floral from her bumber as a pillow and topper. Anyhow, where did you find those precious striped sheets??!! I am always looking for something subtle. E-mail me if you get a chance- lisar_74@yahoo.com
I got to catch up with Amy Davis this past weekend and am excited that you guys now live by each other and will get to do a lot together. LOVE that girl. Enjoy your summer sweet girl!

Meredith said...

Hey Cori! So glad you updated your blog. I can't believe Kate is five--she looks like such a big girl! And Ryan is a such a cutie.
Can't wait to hear more about baby #3.