Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Five and Fabulous!!!

The new bike...the first time we took it out, she filled up that water bottle, and she would stop every 2 houses to get a drink. She would also honk that little horn to let the cars know she was there.


princess tatoos at the birthday party. Why am I promoting tatoos? Will I regret that when she is 16?


Drying her bear at Build a Bear. She had so much fun making her bear.




Just a warning to readers...kind of a long blog about my baby girl, so if you aren't a grandma or maybe an aunt, I would totally understand if you tune us out. Just a warning for you.

Kate turned 5 last weekend. I can't believe my baby girl has gotten so big. I can still remember the moment she came out and they told me it was a girl, and I remember the first moment I held her...looking into those baby eyes covered in the goo they put on them in the nursery. Our first night home together when she would not sleep. The first time she pulled up in her crib...it was February and she was in her blue snowman pajamas. It just seems like a whirl of memories between then and now that has carried us to the BIG 5!! It is bittersweet to watch her grow, but I love all the fun things we can do together as she gets bigger, too.


Here are some things I want to remember about Kate right now-


She is always the first one up at our house, no matter what time she goes to bed.


She LOVES to eat ice cream...she is not fun to share a blizzard or bowl of ice cream with...she totally hogs the bowl. Better get your own if you are with her.


She will only wear night gowns to bed, and she has more cute ones than I do. :)


She still wants her CD at night to listen to, and she wants us to wind up her music box every night


She hates to have her hair pulled back. If it is pulled back, the first thing she does when she gets home is take it down.


Even though she has long given up her nap, she still falls asleep in the car sometimes.


She, like every other 5 year old girl I know loves all things Barbie and Princess. She also loves High School Musical and Hannah Montanna, although she doesn't get to watch Hannah...just listen to SOME of the songs and wear the wig.


Her other favorite shows are Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Arthur, and Wishbone. She is forced to watch more Dora than she would like due to little brother.


She loves to play school, and she will try and make little bro her student.



She is trying so hard to learn to swim. She is taking lessons this summer from the woman who actually taught me to swim. Wow! Anyway, she is making progress, as she will at least put her head under the water on her own accord. This is a big step. Our neighbors have a pool, so I am hopeful she will have incentive to swim, so she can keep up with her friend over there. Let's say she got my mom's jeans when it comes to being adventurous! Hopefully this will be an advantage to her when she is 17 and some boy wants her to get on the back of a motorcycle!!!



She loves to ride her new purple Barbie bike she got for her birthday. She calls the knee pads "knee caps." I know I need to teach her how to say it the right way, just so cute when she says it.



She loves to wear dresses or skirts that twirl. I kind of have to fight her to get her to wear anything else.



She does not like to lay around in pj's. First thing she wants to know what she is wearing and get dressed.



She is a daddy's girl...and who can blame her. He is so good at playing with the kids...the on the floor whatever you want to do kind of play. He really treats her like a princess.



She has to have a fork or spoon for all the different things on her plate. If she is eating a hot dog and fruit salad, better give her two forks. Will not use the same fork for both. Also the same with cereal and yogurt or fruit. Better give her two spoons. I don't know where she got that from. Chad and I are definitely NOT that picky.



She always chooses blue or purple nail polish when she goes to get a manicure with me.



She still loves to cuddle with me on the couch!



She is so excited to be a big sister. I am afraid she is not going to ever want to put the baby down. When we saw Jack this week, she was a total baby hog!!! She was really good at holding him, though. And the idea of a brother is definitely growing on her...especially when she saw how precious her new cousin is.

I posted some bday pics. She had so much fun going to Build a Bear, Rainforest Cafe, and then having her friend and cousins over to spend the night. When I asked her favorite thing about the day that night she said it was "stuffing the bear."

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That was so sweet and well worth the read. It made my cry a little! They do grow up so fast!
Happy birthday Kate!! :)