It's Kate's 5th birthday on Saturday. I can't believe she is turning 5 years old. So funny how I can't remember life before her, yet at the same time I can remember holding her in my arms for the first time.
There have already been some festivities leading up to the actual birthday on Saturday! We kicked off the week with donuts at school on Monday, then tonight we went to eat dinner with my parents. They came over after to eat cake and open a couple of presents. Kate loved all her gifts. I let her open the gifts my bro and sister in law had sent. Aunt Barb is a rock star when it comes to picking out presents. The cutest little black leather purse and some pet shop stickers Kate can color. Also an adorable 4th of July t shirt. We love you aunt B-or should we say "mama B" now? Mom and Dad gave her an adorable night gown and started her charm bracelet. Of course she is sleeping in the gown tonight. There is nothing like new pajamas.
My parents have been in town all week. We took a road trip on Sunday to see baby Jack. I have the cutest little nephew now. Our visit was quick, but we loved every minute. The next night they met us for quick dinner and then to watch Kate in her end of year program at School. Again tonight we met for birthday festivities. It is nice to have a taste of what it would be like if they lived here all the time... silly things like getting to watch the American Idol finale together... We really had to twist Dad's arm to get him to come over, but my poor parents don't have DVR in their house here so he was forced to come over. They better move home soon. I forget how much I miss having them here until they are in town for a while.
I am also posting some pictures of Kate's dance recital. She is holding some pink carnations that she just loves. She had been asking all week if she was going to get some flowers after she danced. Of course she found them in the utility room that morning...by the time we got to the recital, she had already messed with them the whole ride to UNT. That's okay...they were for her, and she has gotten her enjoys out of them for sure. I was so proud of her at the recital. She didn't freeze up on stage...did the motions so big and smiled at the audience. Of course they all had their head turned to the wings most of the time to watch the teacher, but as 4 year old dances go, she was fabulous!
I will post much more about Miss Kate later! Just wanted to get caught up on some pictures and kick of her birthday week.
3 comments:
I just checked your blog and saw you were blogging again. I always remember Kate's birthday because you had her on our wedding day. Congratualtions on #3. That is so exciting. Glad that things are going well for you guys.
Amy McCown.
I'm glad you are blogging again. I've been wondering how you were doing.
Your kids are so beautiful! Congrats on #3! Our #4 will be here in about 7 wks!
I've loved seeing Brian and Barb anticipate the arrival of Jack. Barb hardly looked 6 months pregnant the day before she delivered. How did she do that?!!! :)
Take care!
WOW~
I am just catching up and was SO pleasantly suprised to see you had blogged! Congrats on being pregnant again! How fun! I love that Kate will still be the princess! Also happy birthday to her! I still have to finish reading her update but I had to comment while I had a minute. Also, I made my blog private, e-mail me if you want to be an 'invited' reader: lisar_74@yahoo.com So happy to hear you are doing so well!
Post a Comment