Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bad Blogger!!

I just checked our blog, and I haven't written anything since Sept 17th! That means a whole school year has passed since I've posted anything. I actually feel like someone pushed the fast forward button in September when school started. We have definitely adjusted to our new town and really love it here. Some of our favorite things about our new house and city...
1. Our game room upstairs where there is room for lots of toys!
2. Our big bathroom where there is room for everyone to get ready.
3. A kitchen that looks out onto the living area. I love the little bar where Kate and Ryan love to eat..."siaba" as Ryan says when he wants to get up there to eat. He has actually mastered climbing up the bar stool all by himself.
4. Walking on the trail just a block from our house that runs to the park and aquatic center.
5. The wood park a few minutes from our house
6. Chad's new SHORT commute to work. I know I complained about moving all the way over here, but it's really not that far, and having our daddy/husband home 30-40 minutes earlier every day is well worth it!!!
7. Probably should have been number one, but we'll save the best for last...our back yard/alley neighbors!! Pretty quick after we moved in I was backing out of my driveway, and the cutest mom was loading up a minivan and there was the cutest little girl twirling around in dress up clothes! I rolled down my window and we made our introductions. Come to find out we had a sort of mutual friend from our old neighborhood. Anyway...a friendship between us girls started, and has grown ever since. We have actually got lots of sweet neighbors all around us. Several accross the street will start kindergarten in the fall with Kate. That will be nice! We haven't gotten to know them that well, but I am hopeful that will change in the fall. Also have some awesome babysitters next door.
Moving right along...
Ryan turned 2 in March. He has changed so much this year. I love my sweet baby boy. When the year started he wasn't talking, and he wouln't walk into school without screaming. Now he says whatever he wants to. He is such a little parrot, and he especially loves to copy his sister. He will walk into school like such a big boy, too. No more letting him sit and cry till he decides to get up and follow me.
He gave up his "bop bop" a few weeks ago. It actually happenned by accident at school one day. I forgot to put one in his backpack, and when his teacher called to tell me I didn't answer my phone since I didn't recognize the #. Anyway, she just told him it was gone, and he went to sleep without it. That night we did the same thng. I'll admit I caved at this nap the next day when he woke up after an hour and was crying. Chad had a lot of damage to undo that evening at bedtime, but we didn't give it to him and it has been fine since then. Thanks Mrs. Jennifer!!!
He loves to eat! Some favorites include Pop Tarts (poptartdaddyhave), Lucky Charms, Cheetos, grapes, ice cream(ipeam). He has finally started to eat peaches, strawberries, and oranges for me, too. For the longest the only fruits he would eat were grapes and bananas. Yesterday when we were out shopping for Kate's birthday, he asked for a bag of popcorn when we walked in Target. I bought a bag, and it was the best $1.70 I spent all day. He muched for an hour while I shopped at Target and Toys R Us! We also took a trip to Sea World a few weeks ago...that boy was so happy as long as he had a snack in his hand. Even if he wasn't eating...just wanted to be holding the bag.
He loves to watch TV. His favorites are defitely Dora and Diego (a go go).
He is so affectionate. When I tuck him in bed, he lays down and puts his litte lips between the crib slats. "one mo tiss?" (one more kiss) he says over and over. Sweet boy!
He loves to play with his sister. I am constantly amazed at how well they play together-they fight, too! Don't get me wrong, but they are little buddies, too.
He loves the train set he got for his birthday. He always breaks the little bridge so someone will come and fix it for him. Over and over again "bridge broke bridge broke."
He can be a little sneaky. (especially with food). He just takes it upon himself to get what he wants out of the pantry. I'll walk in the kitchen, and he'll have a poptart, or the box of cheeze its. Yesterday I heard a loud crash, and I walked in to find him across the room eating marshmellows. I walked over to the pantry, and he had pulled down the whole candy jar. He was just eating innocently like nothing had happenned.
He is a littel stipper. A few weeks ago I walked in the morning to find him totally naked! From then on we would go in in the morning to find him with is diaper and pj bottoms off. We thought it was kind of funny until Thurs when he did it at school and peed in the bed. I fussed at him, and he got really upset. Hopefully that will put a stop to that little behavior. (though it was pretty funny!)
He's not crazy about cold water...be it the kiddie pool, swimming pool, or sprinkler. We'll have to work on that this summer.
Well...my hands are getting tired, and if you are still reading, you have been sitting here too long with too much time on your hands! :)
I'll conclude with a list of monthly highlights from this year, and update on Kate next time. We have her recital this afternoon, and she turns 5 in a week! Wow!
Sept-moving!! starting a new school
Oct-trick or treating with our backyard neighbors, also going up to Chad's office and trick or treating.
Nov-Kate and I took a trip to DC to see my parents! We had so much fun.
Celebrating Thanksgiving in Lawton. I got so sick and had the worst sore throat, though.
Dec-Christmas Festivities...Kate loved it this year. Definitely the first year she really got it! Celebrated in Athens with my side of the family then spent the night with Chad's mom Christmas eve eve. Back home by Christmas Eve to celebrate our first Christmas here. My parents came over Christmas day to celebrate some more! It was our first time not to go to Georgetown, and that was a little sad. We still enjoyed being at our house for Santa!!!
Jan-New Years Eve at the Robertsons
Feb-Chad suprised me and came home with roses at lunch on Valentine's day!
March-We're pregnant! We found out that we will become a family of 5 on a Sunday afternoon! (I actually knew that morning, but waited until after church to tell Chad).
April-Trip to Great Wolf lodge with our cousins
May -It's a BOY!! (we found out at 13 weeks when we went for the Nuchal Fold screening. The doctor said "don't go run up the mastercard bill, but I am 99% sure it is a boy." I'll confirm in a few weeks when we go back for our 18-20 week sono. First annual family vacation with our sweet friends to Sea World. We hope this becomes a yearly tradition.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yea!!! I know this year has been so fast for you- me too! I am glad to see you back. Your stories about Ryan are so sweet. :)

The Patterson Family said...

I heard the great news about #3 and just wanted to say congrats!! Hope to see you guys soon!