




I have not blogged in so long, that I don't know where to start. After reading some of my friends blogs, I am convicted to start again. As many of you know, we sold our first home in Lake Highlands in April and moved into my parents house in Irving (they are not living here now). From the time we moved in, I have felt a little like I am on a vacation...kind of carefree without all of the reponsibilities of your own house. A few weeks ago I began to get that feeling you get at the end of the vacation where you are just ready to get "home." About that time we started to look at some houses again. We had pretty much narrowed it down to Coppell (for the record, Chad was right about where we should live), and had been in several houses in the area. A house that we had seen over a month ago went under contract, but when we got home from Disney it was back out there. (The woman was going through a divorce, and at the last minute decided it was more house than she could handle.) I persuaded Chad to go see it again, and I loved it even more than the first time I saw it. Anyway, we put a contract on it, and our option period ends TODAY. As of Sept 7, we will have a new address. I can't wait!!!
Our summer has gone by so fast-I can't believe it is August. I don't want to wish the summer away, but I am ready for it to be Sept so we can move to our new place. Some highlights of the summer include a trip to Vegas with Chad, of course our trip to Disney World with Chad's brother, sister in law, mom, and our cousins, Kate's swim lessons with my old swim lesson teacher, Ryan turning into such a little boy, Kate taking ballet at Miss Jacquelyn's, road trip to Houston with my sweet college friends, road trip to Georgetown to see my grandparents, spending a weekend with Briand and Barb, and the grand finale of finding our new house.
That kind of sums our summer up in a nutshell. I know I have left out so many details, but I would be blogging forever and ever.
Now that we are all caught up, here is what is going on this week:
Chad picked up Kate from ballet for me tonight. They do some tumbling at the end, and he came home VERY concerned because she could not do the forward roll. We had gymnastics lessons after dinner, and she was fairly successful by the end of the lesson. She still veers a little to the right, but hopefully that will come with time.
The kids and I downloaded "Rockin Robin" off Itunes, and we play it at least 3 times a day now. We go crazy dancing around the house. I know we look like such idiots, but who cares? Why is it that I can do the silliest things in front of my kids?
Kate loves working puzzles and playing games. She has beat me at Memory every time we play. Literally, I have won one time out of 20...and it is not on purpose. I am either really bad or she is really good.
Ryan is getting so big. He is completely different from Kate at that age. I always thought kids were the way they were because of their parents. If they wouldn't sit still at church, or "let" their mom feed them their yogurt so it didn't make a mess, or if they climbed out of their crib, I assumed it was something the parents were doing...I was wrong! Ryan climbed out of his crib last week. I went up to get him in the morning (he had been up for about 5 or 10 minutes on the baby monitor) and he was sitting in the middle of the double bed next to his crib. I think he used the mattress on it to get a step up. Seriously Ryan. He climbs on to the table, eats Kate's markers, will not let me feed him anything...I don't know what to do with him. We are going to have to do some serious baby proofing at the new house. As mischevious as he is, he is even more charming and sweet. Each morning when I go to get him out of bed he has thrown his passy on the floor, and is standing there pointing to it. It cracks me up. He can say some words...ball, bubbles, bird, bark, balloon...are you catching the theme? He is not a big TV fan like Kate was, but he will crawl up on the couch and watch NASCAR with Chad. Explain that to me...He will sit and point to the cars and watch and make these boy noises. I think Chad loves it. :) He loves puppy dogs. The other day he brought his book over to me just to show me the puppy. He wants to do whatever Kate is doing, which I suppose is not suprise. He hates the blow up pool in the back yard. He screams and screams even when I sit him in my lap. I think he doesn't like the cold water. He loves outside,and he is so much happier on the go. He loves the church nursery and kids club at the gym. When I drop him off he takes off and doens't look back. He has learned to climb the stairs at mom's house. He still loves his passy...I think he may be harder than Kate when it comes to getting rid of it.
So, that kind of sums things up for now....and I am starting fresh. New school year, new house, new organized me. Ha!
That's all for now. I am going to try and post some pics, too. Wish me luck.
1 comment:
YEAH! I have been wondering about you! Thanks for updating! Great pictures, I cannot believe how big your little boy is getting! It goes too fast. Glad all is well with you and your family. I enjoy keeping up with you in this way!
Post a Comment