I can't believe I haven't blogged since March 16. That means I completly skipped posting about Ryan's 1st birthday party. Guess I will start there. I can't post because I am on my mom's computer and am not sure how to download our pics on hers. Have to wait for Chad on that one.
We celebrated with our family, and Ryan loved his cake. We went with a puppy dog theme for the cake. He got lots of fun toys, and he was pretty oblivious to all the hoopla over him. We kept it pretty simple, and just did pizza on paper plates at our house. I feel kind of bad because Kate had such a big production. I got out the special pink china, invited friends, cooked a ton...I have just gotten to a place where sometimes simple is the best thing!!! I think I got to enjoy Ryan opening his presents and spend more time with him than I did Kate at her party. Isn't that the point? Maybe that is just how I get myself to sleep at night since I didn't go to quite as much trouble. :) He walked for the first time 2 Sundays ago at Donna's church. We were outside on the front steps, because he was tired of hearing the sermon...and he took 2 little steps to me. I was so excited. I will always remember that moment and where we were.
We were at Donna's picking up Ryan because she had just kept him for us. Kate and I met Chad in New York City while he was there on business. Sooo much fun. We took Kate to see Beauty and the Beast, and it was fabulous. Kate and I hit all the toy stores in New York City. We started the first night at FAO Schwartz. She could pick any toy (within reason) in the whole store, and she chose a little shaving kit for the bathtub. We met Chad and went on a carriage ride around Central Park after that. After dinner that night she got to shave in the tub and drink the milkshakes we had picked up on the way home. The next day we started at American Girl store. Kate got a picnic set for bitty baby (and picked out the changing table she wants for her birthday...) We went on to Toys r Us with the giant Ferris Wheel. Kate and I rode it...she was a little hesitant at first, but she ended up loving it! She chose a McDonalds food set for her toy there. It is some food and a walkie talkie, cash register, and headset so she can be the server. We went to eat at Ellen's Stardust Diner after that. It is really neat, because the waiters and waitresses sing to you while you eat. Great for a quick bite at lunch or before a show. After going by to see Chad's office we took a much needed nap before the show and yummy dinner at Serendipity. (The meat loaf is yummmmmy if you ever go). Our grand finale was the zoo and carousel in Central Park the next day. Once agan, have pics to post, bt we will have to wait on Chad.
When we returned home we hat to hit the boxes. We moved out last Friday. I can't believe it. I am a little sad, and looking back it all happenned so fast. It seemed like eternity while were selling the house, then one day it was time to move. Anyway...we have settled into my parent's quite nicely. Mom worked so hard to clear us space while were moving. The house is a lot bigger than our old one, and I love my mom's stuff. It makes me want to move to Coppell where there are big kitchens and walk in closets and jacuzzi tubs. It is also sooooo nice having Chad so close to work. He has said that he feels like he has extra time all of a sudden...which makes since since he went from a 45 minute or hour commute to a 5 minute commute. He can come home for lunch, and when he calls at 6:30 to say he is coming home, he is home at 6:35...not 7:30. Anyway, this is doing a lot for his crusade for us to move to Coppell. I still love Dallas, and I love the neighborhood we are looking at there...we have till August to decide, so we'll give it some time.
Our whole family has now had the stomach bug...and I am glad we are all done. Chad had it a month ago, then I got it the Monday before we moved. Sunday after we were in Ryan had a blow out and we had to leave church...my mom got sick at the same time. My dad got it on Monday, and Kate threw up Tuesday night...this is the first time something has gone through our whole family, and it is not fun. I feel really bad we gave it to my parents, too. Thanks for letting us move in mom and dad...is it worth it? On that note...some of you may be thinking I can't believe she moved in with her parents. My dad is actually in DC (he was home this weekend), and my mom is about to move there for the summer months while BSF is on break. As it is now, she is gone Thurs to Mon. When she is here it is really nice. There are extra hands to help with the kids. She is watching them for me Wed afternoon while I got get a much needed mani/pedi! :) Anyway, we are kind of getting the best of both worlds right now.
Better sign off and go tend to the kids. Kate is watching Thomas the Train...she is at the mercy of whatever is on PBS since mom does not have DVR. I am missing it...but not as badly as I thought I would. We had to record Idol this week. I felt so old fashioned setting the VCR. Ha!
1 comment:
Wow! What a couple of months you have had! I can't believe your baby boy is a year old! Sounds like you had a blast in NYC! How neat for Kate too! Congrats on selling your house! I was so glad to see a post, I thought you may have quit blogging! Enjoy your summer.
Post a Comment