Friday, March 16, 2007

March Madness at the Baird's





It is spring break, and we are all loving it! Chad took off Thursday and Friday to do some yard work, and we have enjoyed having him so much. It always feels like a vacation when he is off in the middle of the week.
Ryan will be 1 year old next week. I can't believe it. He has started milk from a sippy cup, and he loves it. Kate always spit it out at first, but not this boy. He basically loves all food. He just smashes it in his mouth with those fat fingers. He is so noisy when he eats, too. He constantly says Mmmmm, mmmm the whole time he is eating. He is into everything, and tries to get into everything he shouldn't. Kate is good to tell me, "mom, he is getting into mischif." He goes for the computer, the tray with the magazines, the chairs and stools that can fall over on him, the doors than can slam on his little fingers, the lamp post that can fall over on him. He is wearing me out. He also loves to stand at the big glass door in our den and watch lady, he loves to play in the kitchen cabinet with the mixer and lunch bags, he likes to slide the little tray in and out that is between the fridge and the cabinet. He always goes for the nightlight in Kate's room. He also loves the blocks in there. They are the firt thing he pulls out every time. They are under her little sink, and he knows just where to go even when they are put away. He loves his bath, and I am so wet when I get done bathing Kate and Ryan. They splash and laugh. He loves outside and will sit and ride in his stroller or swing forever. He does not like to sit in his high chair unless he has food. Kate would sit forever and watch her Baby Einstein shows, but not this little guy. He also does not like to play in his bed. I could always put Kate in there with a toy while I took a shower, but he screams his head off. He is just so much more active than she was, which is a shock to me. He does not talk yet. He says "gaaa , makes rasberries, and sometimes says "bbb bbb" but no mama, dada, ball, etc. The speech therapist in me is getting a little concerned, but he is probably just being a boy and a second baby. I'll ask the pediatrician when we go for his 1 year check up in May. He is such a cuddler, and I just love to snuggle him. He does give kisses (very slobbery ones). He also bites. I think he is being affectionate, but he will bite my shoulder and then laugh. I laugh, too, which does not help, but it is so cute the way he does it.
Kate has big news...last week she started sleeping in panties at night and nap. Chad basically took charge of that project. He is always the first one up with her in the mornings, so he would check to see if her pull up was dry. When it had been 13 out of 14 days we decided it was time. Went to Target, where she could pick out a prize and bought a new waterproof mattress protector for her bed. She had the hardest time picking out her reward. I walked all through with her, and she couldnt decide, so she said "let's go to the dollar store, I think they will have more princess stuff." I tried to explain the selection would not be as good there. Chad walked all through with her while Ryan and I looked at clothes for the kids. Still no luck (after 45 minutes of being in Target." We went across the street for lunch and when we were done Kate out of the blue says, I think I know what I want for my prize. We went back to Target, and she chose the giant Barbie floor pad.
Some other things about Kate right now:
She wants to read her Nutcracker book every night. She can tell me the story now. (sort of)
She loves to paint her play house outside with bubbles
She loves the park
She always asks me, "mommy, tell me what you did when you were a little girl."
She loves to wear dresses, especially pink ones
She still calls McDonald's "Old McDonald's"
She can pretty much dress herself, except for her socks
She always starts her bed time prayers, "Dear God, thank you for my friends and family, help me not to have yucky dreams..."
We had our first trip to the ER a few weeks ago. Chad got a kidney stone on Sunday night. It hit about 7:30 on a Sunday night, and he thought he passed it around 8. About midnight he woke up in the worst pain, and so we went to Presby. It was hard to watch him in so much pain, even though I knew it wasn't life threatening.
Our house is on the market(has been for 2 weeks now). Lots of showings, but no offers yet. We are still not sure where we are going...either Richardson or Coppell. Lots of changes right now. It will be neat to look back this time next year and see how the Lord has put our family in just the right place. I have been so stressed out about it. Yesterday I really was not, but here I am up at 4:00 am thinking about it. I know it will all be okay, so I don't know why I am so worked up.

3 comments:

Prince Edward said...

Showing a house with two little ones is the pits! Hope it sells for you soon.

I liked reading all the updates on your kids too. They are growing up so fast!

Lisa Renee said...

I hear you on the house thing. Two months here. I could just smack the Harpers for being so lucky! I am just praying for even some low-ballers! There are all these options for us right now but we are hesitant to do anything b/c what if it doesn't sell for a long time!! Pray for me and I'll pray for you.....I am singing! Ty calls is Old Macdonald's too! That is too funny. Your children are just TOO DARN CUTE! That Ryan has your beautiful eyes!!!! Happy Birthday little guy!

Alyssa said...

What a fun update on your kids! They are adorable... so sweet and so smart! I know that it is so tough to show your house... and more importantly, to decide where to place your family. Best of luck for a quick sell and easy decisions! We love you guys!