Sunday, November 05, 2006

Halloween and other happenings

Halloween was a big hit at our house this year. Kate was Snow White. She has had her costume since September, but has patiently let it hang in the closet for two months. We started out the weekend with the fall festival at church, the Tuesday she had a school party, then trick or treating Tuesday night. Donna came to go trick or treat with us. Poor Ryan slept through most of it. He was a shark...but he was clueless, and would have rather been home in bed. Poor guy!
Kate is getting so big. She loves school, and is she is getting more independent. It is so hard to look at her with a straight face sometimes when she is talking to me. She says things like "mom, you're not listening to me." "mom, give me a chance to talk." How do I not crack up when I am trying to discipline her and my three year old says that to me?
She still loves all things princess. She puts on her Cinderella dress, and she stays in it until bathtime at night most days. We have started letting her rent movies sometimes. She loves to go to blockbuster and pick out a couple. Last night she watched her movie in her room while we watched the football game on TV. She loves her baby brother, and she is so proud when she does something to help him.
Ryan is 7 months. I can't believe how fast this is going. He had an ear infection and sore throat this weekend. (Unfortunately we missed the Big Orange Pumpkin event at church. Maybe next year.) Poor guy was so sick. When we got to the doc Friday night he had 102.6 degrees of fever...the highest any of my kids have ever had. I hate that he was in pain and I couldn't make it go away. Ear infections hurt, I know. He finally seems to be on the mend today (Sunday). Hope we are in for a better day tomorrow. He is sitting that cute little sit. He loves to eat baby food except for anything green, and he loves those little Gerber puffs. He loves to jump in his jumper, and sit on the floor and play in his basket of toys. He is in no hurry to move, and that is fine with me. He will be all over everything soon enough. He is tired of taking medicine, and he now cries when I put him on the changing table. He hates having his nose cleaned or wiped. (Kate never minded at all).
I am going to bed now. We are a tired crew at the Bairds this weekend. I will try and post pictures of Snow White and Shark tomorrow. I tried twice last night and ended up losing the whole blog I had typed. Aaaargh!!

1 comment:

Kristen OQ said...

I definitely want to see the kids in their costumes. I love this time of year and how fun everything is right now with little kids in the family.

Sorry about the ear infection for poor Ryan. Hope he is feeling better now.