



I am such a bad blogger, but it seems there is no time to sit down and blog. When I think I might have a minute I am so tired and so behind, I just feel overwhelmed and give up. So many events since my last blog.
Ryan grew two teeth, we found he is allergic to penicillin, and he can sit up so good all by himself. He loves to eat cheerios, but most of them end up on the floor or in his high chair. He is a mommy's boy, and he often reaches and cries for me when someone tries to take him. After I leave he is fine, but it is nice to know he wants me. Kate would always go to anybody, even with me standing there. He did have a rough patch for awhile. He had this runny nose that wouldn't go away, then he started running a little fever. I took him to the doctor right away, and his right ear was infected as well as having a sore throat. They put him on amoxacillin, and he had a rough night, but it kicked in after about 24 hours. A week later he got this awful red rash all over his body...he was allergic to the antibiotic, but luckily his ear infection had cleared up by then. He also grew a tooth that week. I know he muust have felt awful. He loves to sit and play with his toys in the den. He loves it because he can look out the big window and see the dogs. (He loves watching the dogs, too.) He loves his baby einstein movies. He loves to be tickled...he closes his eyes and gives the cutest little giggle when I get the back of his neck. He LOVES to watch his sister! He loves the tv remote control. He loves his bath. (I put him in a laundrey basket inside the bathtub...keeps him from hitting his head on the tub if he topples over, plus it keeps Kate from knocking him over). He loves his baby food. He still loves to nurse, and he REFUSES to take a bottle. My mom came over so sure she could get him to take one, and he woulnd't take it. Kate did the same thing, but not till she was 11 mos. Ryan is just 8.
As for Kate...we took her (mom and I) to see the Nutcracker last weekend. She LOVED it!!! She sat mesmerized the whole time. I had to hold her little arms down because she kept trying to hold them up and dance. It was really neat because we went to see the one my old ballet teacher's company puts on. They did a fabulous job, and we got to go backstage and see all the ballerinas. Kate got to meet the Sugar Plum Fairy as well as Clara. On the way home she said I need to get a costume and practice so I can be snow. I think that was her favorite.
Sarted Christmas shopping today. This is the first year I can't buy for Kate while she is with me. Kind of puts a kink in things, but Chad kept her while I went shopping. I can't even buy for Ryan, because Santa is supposed to provide all the toys. Anyway, she wants the Barbie Nutcracker movie, a Sleeping Beauty dress, and some more art stuff. She says she wants a bike, but I think it is just because Chad and I keep pushing it. I am not sure if she is getting that this year or not. I wish we were getting a big swingset this year, but considering our transient state starting in May it doesn't make any sense.
I think that updates us for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment