Wednesday, October 11, 2006

trouble in paradise...advice needed!!!

Sweet Ryan is not so sweet at 5:00 am. He has started waking up at 5, wanting to eat and stay up for about an hour, then go back to sleep about 6:30. What do I do???? I tried crying it out for about 30 minutes this morning, but at 5:30 I was afraid it would wake Kate up, so I just put him in front of his movie till he was tired. It was a temporaray solution, but I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Cori, I am so sorry. I went through that for awhile with Olivia too. It was just a phase so maybe it will be for Ryan too. I have become quite the morning coffee drinker since my second child. They sleep at opposite times and I have never been so sleep deprived in my life. After I started rice cereal and/or apple sauce at night, I nurse her to sleep and she sleeps until at least 7:30 everyday. I know all babies are different but I hope the same happens for you. Also, on the caffine issue, I balance it out with water the rest of the day but I need an extra push in the morning, not so much of a morning person.. me.

Kristen OQ said...

Oh man...only advice I have is, "this too shall pass!"