Tuesday, December 09, 2008

You know you've been in the hospital too long when...

We are going on 7th day in the hospital...I decided there were a few signs that I knew my way too well around this place.
1. I know where to go to find the secret stash of blankets and towels
2. I have the room service menu memorized
3. I am starting to run into Ben's doctors in elevator
4. I know how to silence the IV and oxygen machines myself
5. I know how to put all his monitors back on when they fall off
6. I have the PICU's number on speed dial in my phone
7. I have added the some of the nurses to our Christmas card list
8. We have now stayed in 5 different rooms between PICU and regular floor
9. We've been around long enough to have a favorite nurse
10. I ordered our Christmas cards from the PICU waiting room computer
11. I did all my Christmas shopping from the Pottery Barn catalogs and the PICU waiting room computer
12. Ben has of more of his toys and blankets here than at home
13. I am learning how to use all those mysterious gadgets they have hooked up to the walls. (one of them sucks all the (for lack of a better work) snot out of his nose. I want one of those to take home with me!

He is doing sooo much better. I give all the glory to God for answering our prayers. Thank you all for praying for our sweet baby boy. I was out of faith and too tired to pray for much of this ordeal...Thank you for interceding for Ben and lifting him up to God. His oxygen canula is off and his IV is out. Hopefully we'll be home tomorrow or Thursday.

5 comments:

Perks said...

So sorry to read about sweet Ben. I know you are ready to be home!! Praying for continued healing on your precious baby.

Meredith said...

You must've been scared out of your mind. I'm so glad Ben's getting such good care and will get to go home soon. We'll keep praying for your sweet little one!

MereMoore said...

Cori!!!!!!!!!! I SO CAN RELATE TO THIS POST! I don't even know where to begin! I am so glad to hear Ben is getting stronger and can't wait to read that he is HOME!! Love you guys and are always praying for sweet Ben and the rest of you!

Lauren said...

Cori! I had heard that Ben was really sick, but I had no idea of the extent of it. I am so sorry to hear all that you have been through over the last couple of weeks, but I am so incredibly thankful that God has watched over little Ben and given you strength to get through all of this. I'll be praying for him and for you guys too and I sincerely hope that you guys are at home now and back to "normal". *hugs*

Lisa Renee said...

Cori I just caught up! I AM SO SORRY! How scary! I am glad to hear he is on the mend though! If I was there I would be bringing you a coke or something! Saying some prayers for all of you!