Saturday, January 06, 2007

More Pics







It has been so long since my last blog, I don't know where to start. I guess I will try naming my favorite memories of this Christmas.

1. Our tree was beautiful. Chad and our neighbor Paul went to get it at Home Depot in Paul's truck. I realized when they walked in that I hadn't even specified what kind of tree...I am partial to the Noble Fur, and completely forgot to tell him not to get a Scotch Pine. He did a great job...a beautiful Fur that made our whole house smell like Christmas!!

2. Kate's program at school...she can sing Rudolph and do all the motions!

3. Our annual cupcake week at Shelton. We do cupcakes with all the kids, and they love it! It will be sad not to be there next year, but maybe I will go help cupcake week!

4. The extra time we got to spend with Chad. He had lots of vacation to burn this month, and he had several extra days off around Christmas and New Years.

5. Making Christmas cookies with Kate. She loved helping put the powdered sugar icing on.

6. Going to see the Nutcracker with my mom and Kate. She looooooved it!!! She talks about it all the time, and she loves to listen to the music and read the storybook my mom got for her. She said her favorite was the snowflakes. On the way home from the ballet she said I will have to practice really hard and get a costume so I can be snow...

7. My supervisor at work happens to be really really tight with Santa...thus we got a housecall from the man himself!!! You should have seen Kate when he came to our door with his jingle bells. She had on her red Disney Princess PJ's, and her hair in two braids. Ryan wore his red striped pajamas. He brought her a new Christmas stocking with a ballerina on it for her to open. She could not believe that Santa was at her house!!!

8. Shopping!!! Mom and I went one day while my friend Krista kept Kate for me. Ryan was so so good! We went to Northpark and ate at the Mermaid Bar. We shopped till we dropped.

9. Kate's Christmas list...it never changed...an Aurora dress, gluesticks, and a jumprope. (She also got a new slide, some more dress up clothes, and some doll stuff).

10. Buying boy toys for Ryan...especially his red ride on car!

11. Christmas Eve day...we met mom, daddy, and Papaw at La Madeline for breakfast then all went to church together. We came home and ALL took a nap! It was rainy and cold...such a cozy day!! Then my parents came back over and mom brought yummy yummy supper! Kate decorated some cookies for Santa. Chad and I had so much fun tucking Kate into bed that night. She was so excited...she said when you are going to bed Santa might see your backs...I guess afraid that he would see us walking down the hall.

12. Spending time with Kate's cousin's Christmas Day.

13. Our trip to Lawton over New Years with Chad's family. We went to see his Grandmother, and his brother and sister in law came with their two girls. Kate just loves spending time with Bailey and Chase!

On another note, Ryan has gotten so busy. He finally got his army crawl down at 9 months, he learned to clap when he is excited about something or wants to play patty cake, he loves Cheetos, cheerios, cookes and food in general! He loves his bath and always splashes till I have almost taken a bath too I am so wet!

Kate has learned to write her name, and she can copy someone else's name if we write it for her.

3 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Your family is just too dang cute. Glad you all had a wonderful Christmas!

MereMoore said...

it was fun eating with your family on sunday! next time i will eat with you and laura-but it was so fun to watch reid and kate!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.