Wednesday, August 12, 2009

And they lived happily ever after...



(Warning...if you are not in the mood for a little mushiness, don't read. Our 9th anniversary is today, so I am having a moment. :))
If I asked you which fairy tale I was living today, you might guess The Old Woman in the Shoe. 3 kids, a dog, laundry, more laundry, little mouths to feed, bottoms to wipe, dishes to wash...it would be a logical conclusion. However, I would have to say most days I feel more like Cinderella thanks to my very own prince charming. Sweet Chad Baird can still make me laugh, take my breath away, and feel like a princess, even in the midst of our crazy chaos!! I am still sad when he leaves in the morning, and my heart still skips a beat when he walks through the door at night.
You see, 9 years ago today our fairy tale began. It was impossible not to feel like a princess as I walked down the aisle on my father's arm to the marry the man of my dreams...the dress, the veil, the flowers, the ring, the music, the family and friends, the reception, waltzing with my dad (we had taken lessons), my dad's speech, the toast, the wedding cake, running together to the car through hazy smoke and sparklers...it was truly a magical night!! If ever a girl felt like Cinderella at the ball, it was me. No official ball to go to tonight...we will celebrate by playing "restaurant" in the dining room. Kate and I will have fun cooking, making a special cake, she will serve us our plates, and we will probably light some candles to add to the ambiance. (Tomorrow night my mom will watch the kids for us to have a "date.") I do believe if I had been looking into a crystal ball 9 years ago, this would have looked like "happily ever after to me."
I must add, I plan to be packing our bags for somewhere fabulous this time next year. 10 years is definitely an excuse for a romantic getaway with my boyfriend.
Gotta run now and get fish sticks out of the oven for my starving 6 year old.

3 comments:

da momma said...

ahh happy anni
your family is gorgeous! glad to see you blogging more! hugs, whit

Alyssa said...

Happy Anniversary! I still remember your wedding 9 years ago... it was a fairytale ball! We love you guys and wish you many more years of happiness!!!

Barb said...

Awwww! Very well written. Doesn't time fly?