Thursday, May 14, 2009

Why did I pick that battle?

Ryan is exhausted...school day, 8:15 at night, time for bed. He goes to get a sippy cup from the cabinet to get a drink of water, and I say no, you can drink from the cup you have been drinking from all day. Oooooh no, this will not do. "IIIIIIII waaaaaaaaant a iiiiiiiiiiiipy cup waaaaaaaaaa." Can you picture my pull up clad 3 year old on the floor of the kitchen screaming? Of course now I have taken a stand and so has he. I won, because I am bigger (and stupidly picked a fight). Tomorrow night I'll "pick a different hill to die" on as my friend Sarah says. The last 15 minutes would have gone much more smoothly if he had gotten the cup he wanted. Why, I ask, does it matter what cup you get a drink from? Anyone, anyone?

In other news and notes, we had Lady shaved. I LOVE it. I don't know why I didn't do this 7 summers ago when we first got her.
1 week of preschool left and 3 weeks of kindergarten. It has been a great year. We loved all of our teachers, and the kids have learned so much. I'll be sad to see it go, but we are looking forward to a fun summer.

3 comments:

Amy said...

i have died on that hill before :)

Lauren said...

You know, that hill must be a doozy. It's killed me a time or two before as well!
I guess they have to learn from something that Momma means business. Way to stand tall. :)

Anonymous said...

let's see a pic of lady.