




Here are some pictures that will make more sense after reading my blog.
The kids playing outside with Claire, notice the ax.
Ryan asleep on the floor with his ax...Chad went to check on him the other night, and he found Ryan in Kate's room curled up asleep after we had tucked him in.
Ryan with his fire truck that Jojo bought him for going in the potty
Kate being an angel in the Nutcracker, then at my mom's NOT being so angelic...I loved the contrast of the pictures.
Ben will have to be featured in another post. :)
I told Chad the other day that I feel like we are running a marathon, and I am finally getting my stride. 3 has been an easier transition in many ways, but it is still a big change. I get especially irritable about losing sleep....Ben is getting more predictable about a bed time, and I can usually count on him only getting up once and going right back down. This has only really developed in the last two weeks. Also, he is getting happier about being set down. He especially loves his play mat with the musical star that lights up. This has helped a lot, too. I thought he would be such a hard baby, but he seems to get easier and easier. He is smiling and cooing. It melts my heart. I am so glad he is happy now. He has rolls on his rolls...no neck, no wrist, a big fat belly, legs to squeeze, and cheeks to kiss. I love it!
Ryan is mastering the potty. He is in big boy undies. We just decided one day it was time, and after a couple of accidents he got it. I probably should have done it a long time ago...it was more me not wanting to deal with it than him not being ready. He is so proud and cute in his little boy briefs. Ryan is also all about his "ax" right now. He got this plastic ax with a fireman dress up set for Christmas. He carries it everywhere. To bed, in the car, to eat, to watch TV, to read stories, to play on the computer, outside...are you getting the picture. If he drops it in the car, he screams "my ax, my ax" until someone picks it up for him. Should I be concerned that he is so attached to this instead of some sweet blanket or lovie? Let's hope not.
Kate has started bringing homework home...a book to read and a sightword list. She gave Ben a bottle for me the other day. We love to watch the Brady Bunch together. Usually the first thing she does when she comes home from school is pull her ponytail out and puts on dress up clothes. Her best buds right now are Ashley, Claire, and Merit. She has also made friends with some sweet girls at our new church. I am thankful for this!
On a side note-It was a little hard for her at first, but she is definitely adjusting. I really struggled for a long time with whether or not we had made the right choice, but every week we grow more and more comfortable at our new church. We have all started to make some really good friends. It doesn't mean we don't miss our old church more than words can express!! I wish we could have a dual membership.
Back to Kate...she and Ryan sleep in his bunk beds every night. Her bud Claire is moving to Flowermound in a couple of weeks. I am going to cry buckets when this happens. Our driveways back to each other, so all we have to do is raise our garages and the girls can run over to one or the other's house. It is not uncommon for us to have Claire in her PJ's on Sat morning, or send her home in PJ's after a bath in the evening. We will stay friends with the Russell's forever, but we'll sure miss having them in our backyard!! I'll never forget the first time I met Staci and Claire...I was backing out of our driveway and there was a girl in a tutu spinning around her driveway while this sweet mom was loading her car. I can't imagine our first year in Coppell without them, and they are part of some of our best memories here.