Seems like so long since I have blogged. Ryan is sleeping less during the day, so it is making it harder to make time for things like this. Also, Kate has learned to do the computer all by herself. She can even type her name. Favorite sites are barbie.com, disney princesses, and sesame street. I have to kick her off to get on...she would stay on the computer all day if I would let her.
Ryan loves his sister...I love to look at him watch her.
I left her alone with Ryan in her room while I unloaded the dishwasher. Came in and she was sitting on top of him while he was in his bumbo. He was laughing. I will never leave her alone with him again.
Left Ryan overnight for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Chad had business at Barton Creek, so I flew with Ryan to Austin. My sister in law met me at the airport and took Ryan to Georgetown to stay with my grandparents for two nights. I really missed him, but it was nice to have a couple of days away with Chad. I went to spin class, had my first 80 minute massage and took a nap by the pool. It was a yummy day!!! Kate stayed with Nonnie, and she had a great time as always. I missed her, but it is not so hard to leave her...I know it used to be, but at some point it got easier. Wonder when it was. I think that is one of those "lasts" Kristen talked about on her blog.
I also stayed by myself for the first time while Chad was gone. 2 nights alone (with the kids) in my house. I have always been such a frady cat, but it was easier than I thought it would be. We have an alarm and my parents big lab was staying in the backyard. Guess that helped.
Ryan loves to sit in his high chair, watch his show (Baby Einstein), look at his sister make faces at him, go on walks, coo at whoever is holding him and loving on him, cuddle, DROOL, suck on his little fists, try and stand on his fat little legs, sleep, bathtime, and play outside.
Kate loves marshmellows, going to the candy store at Northpark(Jojo always bribes her with that while we are shopping), play computer, play dress up, watch movies in bed (also a special treat), going to the library, playing on the playground with her daddy, playing with Mer Mer and Kayla, listening to her music box before bed, putting Ketchup on anything we will let her, fudgesickles, peanut butter cups, carmel cups, putting nail polish on whoever will let her, and playing computer.
We are working hard on getting her to eat her dinner and not just snack all night. I was making her eat her green beans the other night, and my mom said she never made you eat my vegetables, just my meat. I love vegetables now, so am I being to hard on Kate. As long as she is eating a healthy variety, why make her eat things she doens't like. Any opinions out there? Sure makes my life easier not to make her eat things she dislikes.
2 comments:
I haven't forced my kids to eat things that they don't like. Avery is picky (I am too, so I understand where she is coming from). I make her at least try new things, but I don't force her to eat entire servings of things she really hates. As long as she tries it, acts polite (no gagging!), and still eats some fruit, veggies, meat, etc. I am satisfied. Miller, however, has been a little tougher. He literally eats nothing but raisins. I recently put him on pediasure and vitamins. The pediasure has helped b/c he is more willing to drink than eat anything. So at least he gets some nutrients....otherwise he could go all day on just milk and raisins.
Sounds like you are an old pro at having 2 kids. Glad you're having a fun summer!
I am way pickier of an eater than Sam is -- he loves fruits & veggies and won't touch cake and other sweets!
Seth, on the other hand, seems to have inherited my picky gene! He only likes certain things prepared a certain way -- a chip off this old block!
Post a Comment